Friday, July 27, 2012

Traditional modern

 I once was trying to look for saree that I could cut up and use as a thavani much to the same effect that these designers have. Unfortunately budget, and folks saying you shouldn't cut up an expensive saree prevented me from carrying out my plan. Interestingly, it's shown up on the ramp years later.

I''m not quite sure if the photo on the left is a half saree, even if it wasn't, a thavani in the same combo would be great ( suggestion from the great designer -aka me ;) ). Loving the traditional look combined with trendy pavadais.

Ooo... and note the picture on the bottom, the thavani is draped with a lot of the material showing up front where it is tucked in at the hips. This is surely a more traditional drape, but makes the rich thavani be seen more, and me likes.  But, I am finicky about the blouse, it shold have been green ey? (thanks to sareetimes agian for the pics)

No comments:

Post a Comment